The IBM® InfoSphere® Global Name Management (GNM) product contains technologies to manage, search, analyze, and compare multicultural name data sets by leveraging culture-specific name data and linguistic rules that are associated with the name's culture.
Key capabilities of GNM are:
• Identify names by culture
• Search for multicultural names in a database
• Parse a name into surname and given name
• Generate frequency statistics for name tokens
• Generate potential variants of a name
• Generate additional attributes, such as gender
• Quickly train field personnel in advanced multicultural name searching techniques
• Utilize rich name data gained from the comprehensive analysis of more than 750 million names from around the world
Watch these videos below to learn more about GNM.
Global Name Management Overview
6 minute demo
Get started with GNM. Understand why names are hard to manage and search, and then see how IBM Global Name Management can help.
Global Name Management Name Analyzer
8 minute demo
See how you can use the Name Analyzer to understand name structures from different cultures. Delve into some of the statistical information that GNM uses to match names.
Global Name Management Name Works in Action
5 minute demo
See a brief demo of name analysis and matching of names against multiple data lists.
Product Tour of IBM Global Name Management
Want to see for yourself? Take a short test drive of IBM Global Name Management to introduce you to the product. You'll be able to:
- Analyze multi-cultural names
- Search and match against lists of names
- Pair-wise compare names to understand the cultural influence in name matching
5-15 minutes introduction
Hands-on Lab for IBM Global Name Management
Ready to explore more? The following tutorials will give you a deeper dive into the capabilities of IBM Global Name Management.
We want to hear from you! Tell us about your email@example.com